The UK Financial Intelligence Unit (“UKFIU”) has published the August 2023 edition of ‘SARs in Action’.
The publication is aimed at all stakeholders in the Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARS”) regime.
The latest edition covers:
- The potential indicators of private sector corruption;
- The Proceeds of Crime Act (“POCA”) and civil recovery;
- Using glossary codes;
- The Institute of Financial Accountants’ approach to reviewing Suspicious Activity Reports;
- Information on ‘professional enablers’; and
- Amber alert on high-risk behaviours & typologies associated with the Trust and Company Service Provider (“TCSP”) Sector.
Firms can read the latest UKFIU publication to gain insights into recent developments, trends, and threats, alongside the continued importance of Suspicious Activity Reporting.