CFATF, the FATF regional partner for states and territories of the Caribbean basin, has released the Mutual Evaluation Report [MER] for Venezuela.
The report details:
- The effectiveness of national AML/CFT measures currently in place;
- The legal system and its operational issues;
- Key findings and recommended actions regarding terrorist financing and proliferation financing;
- CFATF’s recommendations regarding preventative measures and controls for ML/TF risks;
- CFATF’s recommendations for strengthening supervision and regulation;
- Venezuela’s technical compliance ratings when measured against the 40 FATF Recommendations.
Firms with operations in or exposure to Venezuela should read the MER to gain further insights into the technical compliance action that is recommended for Venezuela to take.