The International Organisation of Securities Commissions (“IOSCO”), the international standard-setter for securities markets, has published its Policy Recommendations for Crypto and Digital Asset Markets Consultation Report.
The report aims to develop regulation of crypto-assets to a common international standard that provides investor protection and market integrity.
The report covers IOSCO’s recommendations on:
- Governance and disclosure of conflicts;
- Order handling and trade disclosures (trading intermediaries vs market operators);
- Listing of crypto-assets and certain primary market activities;
- Addressing abusive behaviours;
- Cross-border cooperation;
- Custody of client monies and assets;
- Addressing operational and technological risks; and
- Retail distribution.
The IOSCO invites feedback from industry stakeholders and interested parties until July 31st 2023, to contribute to the development of comprehensive and effective regulation.