FATF has released the Mutual Evaluation Report (“MER”) for Qatar.
The report summarises the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) measures in place in Qatar as at the date of the on-site visit from 19 June to 7 July 2022, and provides recommendations for enhancement.
The report provides details related to:
- The effectiveness of national AML/CFT measures currently in place;
- The legal system and its operational issues;
- Key findings and recommended actions regarding terrorist financing and proliferation financing;
- FATF’s recommendations on preventative measures to take amidst ML/TF risks;
- FATF’s recommendations for strengthening supervision; and
- Qatar’s levels of technical compliance when measured against the 40 FATF Recommendations.
Firms with operations in or exposure to Qatar should read the MER to gain further insights into the actions recommended.