The Royal United Services Institute (“RUSI”), a defence and security think-tank providing public and sector-specific insights, has published its Institutional Proliferation Finance Risk Assessment Guide.
The guide is designed to provide multi-jurisdictional support information to the private sector to help identify activities that may be higher risk, determining levels of risk across the sector and developing strategies to tackle such risks.
The guide provides information on:
- The role of the private sector
- Explanations of Proliferation and Proliferation Finance
- Differences and similarities between Proliferation Financing, Money Laundering, and Terrorist Financing;
- PF risk assessment methodology and risk categories
- Vulnerabilities and next steps that firms can take;
- PF risk categories and risk factors
Firms should read the publication to understand the potential risks of PF.