The 10th EU sanctions package against Russia has been published by the European Commission, introducing measures including:
- Additional export bans on sensitive dual-use and advanced technologies and goods that can be used to help the Russian war effort and that support military capabilities
- Import bans on high-value goods including materials such as bitumen, asphalt etc.
- The requirement to freeze the assets of and not make funds and economic resources available to three additional Russian banks
- New reporting obligations on Russian Central Bank assets
- Banning two additional Russian media outlets
Firms should take note of the Council Regulations within the package, ensuring that all requirements and prohibitions are complied with.