MONEYVAL, The Council of Europe’s anti-money laundering body, has published its strategy on combating money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing between 2023 and 2027.
The strategy is underpinned by six ‘strategic pillars’ of action:
- Continuing and enhancing MONEYVAL’s monitoring programme;
- Developing the role of MONEYVAL as a regional reference point on AML/CTF implementation;
- Developing MONEYVAL’s role in the FATF global network and with external counterparts;
- Developing synergies with partners across the Council of Europe;
- Development of political standing and media visibility; and
- Resourcing of MONEYVAL.
Firms with operations in Europe should take note of MONEYVAL’s strategic objectives to combating ML, TF, and PF between 2023 and 2027.