The European Banking Authority (“EBA”) has published its report on Competent Authorities’ Approaches to the Supervision of Banks with Respect to Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism.
The report compiles the EBA’s findings from its 2022 review, in which it assessed 12 competent authorities from nine EU member states.
The report covers:
- Developments since the last round of implementation reviews undertaken by the EBA;
- Sectoral and entity level risk assessments, alongside recommended actions;
- AML/CFT supervision in the sector;
- Tackling ML/TF risks through prudential supervision;
- Enforcement and supervisory follow-up; and
- Domestic and international cooperation.
Firms can view the report to understand the EBA’s review findings and recommended actions for the sector.